Author: Megan Schaffner, senior
There comes a time when every college student has to start thinking about saying goodbye to the people and places they’ve known for the last four years. As a second semester senior, I am hesitant to admit that such a time is right around the corner. But until then, it’s time to relax (a little) and enjoy all of the wonderful things that college has to offer!
The Honors Program has been a major part of my college experience. From struggling through challenging classes, to meeting incredibly intelligent and driven people, to completing a senior thesis that I am proud to call my own, I know that my time at Fordham would not have been as precious as it is to me without Honors.
So, while I am sad to think about it all coming to a close, here are ten important, fun, and somewhat silly things that I think every senior should do this semester.
- Set up camp in Alpha House to write one more paper. Extra points if you order Pugsley’s while doing so.
- Go to Central Park and recreate some of your pictures from the first-year Scavenger Hunt.
- Visit Professor Jones during her office hours, because let’s be honest, she has one of the coolest offices on campus.
- Pull an all-nighter in Alpha.
- Send Dr. Keller or Ava a frantic email (or save yourself the stress and just reread your old ones).
- Wear your Honors sweatshirt around campus.
- Get the breakfast gang back together and make one more early-morning trek to the caf.
- Sneak into an underclassmen interdisciplinary seminar.
- Force your friends to eat eggplant pizza.
- Find a way to work “Actually, I’m in Honors” into normal conversation.